As this is moving week for me, I felt that it would be a good plan to schedule a couple of articles centered around packing and moving. So, with out further ado, here is a list I would have found helpful.
1. Crying is for girls. Put on your big girl panties and get to boxing.
2. Children should travel in car seats rather than boxes.
3. By the end of this process, you will have bought no fewer than three packaging tape dispensers… and you won’t know where any of them are.
4. Rule three applies to your labeling marker as well.
5. This entire experience should count as therapy, because you are about to discover the startling revelation that you are, indeed, a pack rat. THROW THINGS AWAY.
6. Regardless of how detailed you begin your labeling (“This Box Respectfully Contains SPOONS from the KITCHEN”), your end labeling will be somewhat lacking (“CRAP BOX.”)
7. You probably had a good marriage before the moving process began. I would highly discourage murder.
8. Regardless of how much bubble wrap and mojo you use, something will break. See rule 1.
9. Remember to breathe. This is a short, annoying phase that we all experience at some point in our lives. (Unfortunately, this will be my 9th time to move in the last 10 years. You’d think I’d have better advice by now aside from “PANIC!!!! WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!!!!” and such.)
10. GET OFF OF THE COMPUTER. Yes you. Go pack.
…wait. Am I typing at myself??